Monday, April 9, 2007

Easter

Other than Poongin falling out of a tree, Easter Sunday was rather uneventful. The kids hunted Easter eggs in the cold and ate excessive amounts of chocolate. T-Man called on the way home from his Easter gig and we met him at a restaurant for lunch. There was some playing outside, some escaping from a tree fall with only scratches, some movie watching, some napping. Then I got to spend the evening on my own which included some wandering through a bookstore and some eating dinner quietly with my new books.

We discovered that Thing 1 has nearly reached the age of six with no memory of ever hunting or dyeing real Easter Eggs. How sad is that? When I mentioned dyeing real ones this year instead of using plastic, she thought I was teasing her. She couldn't imagine how I would be able to get candy into them and became quite hysterical at the thought that there would be *no* candy filled eggs waiting for her on Sunday morning. (The baskets full of candy obviously wouldn't cover it.) So we did both. Plastic outside.
Real ones inside where it was warm.










And then I stole an idea from Ann over at Mason-Dixon Knitting and we all but abandoned the egg dyeing for paper towels.


No comments: