Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Give Peace a Chance


Well, the blogging bug has just not bitten me in a while, but I feel as though I'm neglecting this space, so I'm putting some words down even though I really don't have many to throw out.

September 21st is International Peace Day. We used our weekly park gathering today as an opportunity for the folks in our homeschool group to decorate Postcards for Peace which we will be sending to Congress next week. The postcards pictured were created by Poongin, our resident artist. The card in the upper right corner has a pop-up peace symbol globe and the design on the lower right is crafted entirely of yarn, of course. The "Peace Head", as we have titled it, is my favorite.

2 comments:

jd said...

i find it interesting that the peace day picture is all hazy. very fitting. i guess i can't say much in the end. what with all of the peace signs i've worn.

i have discovered a way to alleviate my guilt (no, it's all mine, none of it comes from mom) for not posting. i have begun emailing my posts. see, once i get the kids to bed, i really don't want to have to sit and compose a blog post. i'd rather check my mail, do some mindless crap, watch some streamed show, and the sleep. today's post was done completely remotely. including the picture.

that seems like something i can handle. now i just need to find some pictures of the kids to calm mom down.

erin said...

Awwww. You guys should make me some postcards to stick on the fridge. But don't send them right away because we're still in home-buying hell and have no idea when we're closing on the house. Though, really, it doesn't matter 'cause we'll be getting mail at our old address and then having it forwarded anyway... Hrm.